As you’ll be aware, Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II’s Platinum Jubilee, marking her 70 years of service on the throne is only a matter of weeks away – meaning so is that long-awaited extra Bank Holiday…!
We couldn’t let this historic weekend honouring our pub’s namesake pass without adding to the celebrations! Here’s what’s going on at The Queen’s Head for the long Jubilee weekend…
Your working hours may have changed for the week – and so we’ve extended our opening hours to reflect the long weekend:
Thursday 2nd June: 10am – 12am
Friday 3rd June: 10am – 12am
Saturday 4th June: 10am – 12am
Sunday 5th June: 10am – 9pm
Make sure to get those taxis booked to get home safe if you’re staying late with us.
Feast Like a Royal
No truly British celebratory knees-up is complete without some top-notch grub! We’ve got you covered from morning through to the evening with our delicious Spring menu full of dishes fit for a royal, with:
- 25% off your food and drink bill on Thursday from 12pm, when two or more dine (we always welcome a deal – that tiara isn’t going to save up for itself)
- Breakfast served from 10am every day throughout the Jubilee break, with a slap-up Queen’s Head Full English for just £7 to start the day in a royal way
- Our tasty Friday deal on traditional Fish & Chips and other chippy favourites, where you can grab your dinner for just £9, or any two meals for £15 (far from a princely sum we’re sure you’ll agree), from 12pm to eat in or takeaway
- All draught products will be discounted by 70p all day on Friday, saving you money with your every sip of your favourite lager, cider, ale and Guinness
- Perfect picnic boxes – are you thinking of joining in the fun on the village green on Saturday or the street party on Sunday? Leave the hard work to us and grab one of our picnic boxes full of delicious treats for just £10 each – more details here!
We’ll also be joining the street party on Queen’s Road where our cake stall will be out from 12 – 5pm selling home-baked sweet and savoury snacks for you to enjoy throughout the afternoon of Sunday 5th. Read more here.
So, it really is the royal treatment for our customers, and friends old and new, at The Queen’s Head! We can’t wait to see you there to raise a glass to our monarch, and our village community, in the sunshine*.
Got a question or want to make a booking? Give us a ring on 01206 240 394 when you’re ready.
*fingers crossed for the British weather also doing us proud!